This year I attended Fitbloggin ’14, a conference for those who blog about fitness, wellness and a healthy lifestyle.
It was my first time at this annual conference, which this year was held in beautiful Savannah, Ga.
The primary reason I invest in conferences is for the invaluable learning opportunity, where seasoned bloggers share insider tips and techniques and answer questions. Fitbloggin didn’t disappoint, and I came home with pages of notes. There was also a small expo, providing an opportunity to connect with brands in person.
The workshops I chose to attend were business, marketing and technical related. They included:
- How to Organize Community Wellness Programs
- Taking Your Smartphone Video to the Next Level
- So You Want to Start Podcasting
- Monetizing and Affiliate Marketing
- How to Pitch Brands for Ambassadorships and Sponsorships
- Media Kits and More: The Art of Being Booked
- Positioning Yourself to Make Monetiziation, Sponsorship, and Growth More Efficient, Effective and Purposeful
While there, as part of my sponsorship agreement with Walgreens, I also participated in and wrote a post about health screenings at the Walgreens Way to Well Tour bus. After that I filmed a video clip for Walgreens on the healthy choices I make. I gave my top tip, which is set a time every day to work out. My spot will be combined with others, and I can’t wait to see the finished video!
There is so much to see and do in Savannah, and my time there was much too short. I can’t wait to go back.
I always return from events like this with my head spinning from everything I learned, and with a very long to-do list of things to implement, accomplish, or investigate further. Time to get to work!
© Michelle Rogers, Inc.